This review is the translation of the article that Hunyoung Park wrote - What You Need to Know About the Aergo Mainnet Launch
As a multifunctional platform, Aergo places both cryptographic decentralized applications and corporate IT solutions. We provide developers a wide range of applications, and enterprises - convincing arguments in favor of deploying cloud solutions on the Aergo platform.
We have many interested companies that we expect to become part of our network. First of all, the network will begin with Aergo, our partners, block manufacturers, application providers, communities and corporate clients.
- Aergo plays a key role in the main network of Aergo. Being a non-profit organization that develops Aergo's network, Aergo manages a long-term development plan for the main network and cooperates with strategic partners to implement his ideas. Aergo's goal is to ensure the success of the network (MainNet Launch) with open source, its ecosystem and its meaningful business adoption in the world.
- For mutual benefit, Aergo partners will create new business opportunities using blockchain. Blocko, the former private supplier of blockchain-solutions for corporate clients, has invested significant funds in the development of Aergo. In turn, Blocko was able to access a truly high-performance hybrid blockchain platform with a full stack, for use in future implementations and to expand existing. Possessing a significant market share in South Korea, Blocko sees many new opportunities with a truly large-scale, open and friendly architecture.
- Our community is one of the most important pilots of the Aergo project, will help disseminate information about our platform. The community will take responsibility for the placement of tokens to help check out our network and direct our ecosystem in the right direction, democratic.
- Block manufacturers will support and develop a network, as well as microservices provided by our IT platform. They will be rewarded by fees; But they are paying for network service costs (MainNet Launch). We plan to support the manufacturers of blocks in the early stages of our network using various incubation programs.
- Application Suppliers and Corporate Clients will provide a real growth of open source ecosystem and Aergo blockchas network. Developers can use our architecture, our software, our protocols. With the help of our developments and our platform, they receive true value, which is converted to the Aergo coin. Application Suppliers and Corporate Clients will complete the self-sufficiency cycle, which is required by the Aergo network for prosperity.
At the moment, not all the scheduled Aergo functions will be included in the main network (MainNet Launch). We are planning to further improve the model of payment for the token and hope to grow our block manufacturers ecosystem so that with time to translate the Aergo network to a more mature state. In addition, there are some functions we plan to add in the coming months.
The launch of the main network is only the beginning, and we expect Aergo through several stages: (1) incubation, (2) acceleration and, finally, (3) release. Over time, Aergo will turn into a stable and decentralized network. We will publish an article explaining the steps of the Aergo network post-launch in the coming weeks.
Key components of the main network Aergo.
At this point, we briefly introduce readers with the main functionalm. Full list and more information can be found in our Developer's Guide on Docs.Aergo.IO
We have chosen the Byzantine fault-tolerant delegated proof of the share (BFT-DPOS) to achieve consensus (QoS), which we consider key. This will ensure high maximum capacity and stable average performance.
Block manufacturers creating blocks in the main network are key figures here. At the initial stage of the network, at the incubation stage, there will be from ten to thirteen block manufacturers. Ultimately, we consider twenty-three when we move into more advanced network phases (Full article explaining this will be released during the 4/19 campaign).
Block creation interval is one second. With BFT-DPOS, we have reached a peak at 20,000 and an average of 6,000 to 7000 experimental transactions per second (TPS) in our test network.
Lua Smart Contracts
Smart contracts in the main network of Aergo are based in Aergo Lua. Aergo Lua is a Lua smart contract language, usually with support for SQL-like syntax. However, SQL is not included in this launch for a public network. SQL can still be used for allowed chains connected to the main network and in our SQL test network, but not in the main network. The function itself is completed, although we must pay special attention to the token utility before applying it in the main network.
A new integrated development environment (IDE) is available. We believe that users need easy to use the gateway to start developing on Aergo. So, now we provide Aergo IDE for Atom. Developers can easily test and deploy smart contracts directly in one of the most popular code editors. The IDE environment provides a rich user interface that makes it easier for developers to use Aergo blockchain without using command line tools or writing an additional code.
https: // CDN-Images-1.medium.COM / MAX / 1200/0 * uqx3nadyazjatugy
In this release, our browser wallet will be represented as an extension Chrome and Safari. The browser wallet has built-in Aergo coins management on the network and provides access to such functions as rates and voting. We intend to release a new smart contract for a reusable wallet in the future.
This will allow our users:
Manage accounts on several Aergo blocks
Send transactions: both transfer values and contract calls, with special support for management transactions
In the future: Connecting to websites (websites can request an extension to sign messages and sending transactions), other additional features.
https: // CDN-Images-1.medium.COM / MAX / 1200/1 * OEO0FV5QNEPO-GNH76QQFW.GIF
https: // CDN-Images-1.medium.COM / MAX / 1200/1 * ZQFOMAOTZXXJVTQ_K7WT3A.GIF
Aergoscan allows you to see the transaction and network status in real time. It also allows you to perform requests using smart contracts.
- Other functions released along with our latest basic release, our test network, were: Named accounts, Advanced Client Framework, Hub-Enterprise, Checking Merkle Bridge and Smart Contract templates.
- Features Tested by our preliminary Testnet were: Aergosql (Lua-Jit), Ship, Hera SDK, CLI, Litetree, Sparse Merkle Tree.
Token Utility & Token Economy
Token Utility is an area that is performed by the code at the base level protocol level. Decisions on this are managed by the Technological Committee in Aergo. Token Utility is implemented to stabilize and protect the network.
The main goal of the Aergo coin is a transaction fee; for incentives and to protect Sybil. We accepted a paid model to stabilize the network. Token also supports voting by placing to stimulate network decentralization. However, voices are not the only factor that is taken into account when selecting block manufacturers to create blocks. Voices will determine the results of proposals created by the decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) Aergo to change the parameters of the protocol and project map.
We adopted a gas fee model (price for gas and gas limit), as well as minimum fee policies. The price of gas and the minimum transaction fee is controlled by the protocol parameters and, if necessary, Aergo DAO may be changed in the future. More information about Aergo payments will be presented in a separate document.
Token Economy as a whole is a comprehensive concept, and even more difficult for the Aergo platform, which includes both cryptographic decentralized applications and business blockchain solutions. The Ecosystem Committee of the AERRSA organization will publish a detailed document explaining the tokens economy in accordance with the ecosystem plan.
Right now, the Aergo coin exists in the form of the ERC-20 token at the Ethereum blockchain. So how to turn this token in the coin Aergo? As a rule, the team holds a snapshot, and the swap is one-sided exchange from the ERC-20 token on the main network token. But what, if instead we will use the innovative Merkle Bridge, one of the key technological components Aergo?
Since Aergo is a platform that supports the transfer of tokens and assets between chains, we will inevitably get the Tockey state of the ERC-20 coins of Aergo and your own state of coins in the main network Aergo. Therefore, we decided to adopt a hybrid model of tokens at an early stage.
- ERC-20 TOKEN AERGO will be used for liquidity and will be bargaining on stock exchanges.
- Aergo coins will be used for settlements on the Aergo platform.
Those who want to purchase the coins of the Aergo platform to use them on the network will acquire ERC-20 tokens. You can then use Merkle Bridge between Ethereum and Aergo to send your Tocken Aergo Erc-20 on your main Aergo wallet, thereby getting Aergo coins.
Most likely, we will open our token-bridge after we enter steps to test the health and elimination of any errors. We can start with one-sided exchange to transmit Aergo ERC-20 token to the main network Aergo, and then implement a bilateral exchange. Please follow the news regarding when bridge contracts are opened.
Subsequent network launch stages
- We have a few steps before the launch of our main network: first, the completion of all functions intended for the deployment of our main network. This is a test!
- Next confirmation of our list of block manufacturers. The network begins in the incubation phase: it will be described in detail in the article later in the 4/19 campaign.
- After that, we will perform a series of test scenarios and rehearsals before launching the main network.
- April 15 at 02:00 on Greenwich We will launch a network. We will write the launch and share them with our community.
Road Map Aergo for the Future
Some scheduled team steps for the future:
We wanted to provide smart SQL contracts and database functions in the main network at startup, but it turned out that they are difficult to implement in the main network. You can get an idea of this function in our SQL test network and still use SQL in the permitted circuits connected to the main network, although everything is more complicated in the most accessible network. We must take into account not only the provision of functionality, but also the effective use of resources within our token economy. We expect to find a way and make a lot of effort to implement it.
Democratic voting in our network is very important. We want our community to play an important role in ensuring the security network Aergo. The DAO system will determine the direction of development of the Aergo Technical Committee and configure network parameters (T. E. Charges, price for gas, selection of block manufacturers). You can even vote for and against the development of an additional token utility. DAO system starts in the third and last stage of the launch of the Aergo network.
AERGO SMART CONTRACT LANGUAGE (ASCL)
A new language is also being developed, which is more layered and strict than Aergo Lua. Unlike Aergo Lua, which is closely related to the Luajit performance, ASCL will use WASM as its virtual machine and adapt to different languages. Strict SQL Type Check and Grammar will be implemented to ensure new development experience.
Aergo Hub will be the service layer of the Aergo project and will become an important component of our symbolic economy. Aergo Hub will be divided into two categories: Corporate Services and Open Services. Enterprises-oriented services will focus on monitoring and managed to help expand Aergo ecosystem, and open-service-oriented services will facilitate the activation of the main network, deploying hybrid chains and facilitating communication between chains.
If it is possible to support SQL in our block chain, why relational database management systems do not provide decentralized consensus and conflict resolution? We started creating a new product with this idea, and we intend to apply it in various industries. More information will be published during the 4/19 campaign.
Running the Aergo platform is the beginning of the upcoming Travel Aergo. What will happen next? Ecosystem development, website creation and initiation of developer community efforts. Running the Aergo Mainnet Launch network is the central element of all this. It will be a basic platform for supporting the Aergo block chain concept support.
If you do not know yet, we completely updated our site! It includes a more comprehensive portal for developers, which we intend to develop even more as Aergo MainNet Launch. See Aergo.IO / Developer for detailed technology review by breaking Aergo into three parts: (1) Blockchalter level (2) Smart Contracts and (3) Platform level.
We have long followed this project, believe in it and support. On our site you can read more information about the project in the category - Aergo